photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

11.26.2012

The Hummus >> Among Us

Today I am at home, decorating for Christmas a bit and jamming out to some Christmas tunes on Grooveshark. But before I start posting about Christmas stuff, I want to get the other recipe I made for Thanksgiving up.
I made delicata squash hummus, which was SUPER DELICIOUS and SUPER EASY. It was a big hit. I highly recommend this if you need to bring any potluck-type dishes this season. Beware though, it made a TON, so if you don't need a large amount, I would halve the recipe below.

Here's the recipe, from Delighted Momma >

- 2 cups of butternut squash (I used delicata, because it came in our farm box last week)
- 1/2 cup of tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- The juice from half of a lemon
- A dash of cumin
- 3 dashes of cinnamon
- 3-4 dashes of pepper

Slice up the butternut squash into small pieces and boil for about 8-9 minutes or until soft.
Throw all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
Enjoy!

Andy made rosemary flat bread to go with it, which was perfect. Basically, make your favorite pizza crust dough (or even easier, buy one pre-made from the grocery store), roll out, and top with a little bit of minced garlic, olive oil, chopped rosemary, and a little salt. Bake until crispy and slice into little pieces. Easy peasy, homemade goodness! This whole thing, hummus + bread, came together in about half an hour.

Now, back to Christmas. I have been doing quite a bit of shopping online so far this year. Not as fun as going out to the stores, but definitely less stressful. Plus, I can browse handmade and artist shops on Etsy and the like, which is nice. Are you hitting any cyber Monday sales? Find any amazing shops I should know about? I am always looking for cool ideas!

shanti >> sondra

Get updates via: RSS * BLOGLOVIN' * FACEBOOK * TWITTER


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this sounds AMAZING. We are huge hummus lovers. When we lived in Yellowknife, we used to go to Ian's mom's house just to use her food processor. We'd bring everything we needed for hummus, guacamole and homemade salsa and then go to town. I've never heard of using butternut squash, but now I am convinced I need to try!!


    Enjoy your Christmasy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get an immersion blender, it's all I have and it works great! I use it for so much stuff - hummus, smoothies, soups. I think they're only like $20-$30, and it's more than good enough to make all of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squash huh?! That sounds amazing! I love hummus...and squash!

    I already did a bunch of shopping on Etsy, and am now approaching the deadline for shipping things so I need to make sure I've got all that taken care of! Online shopping does take a lot of stress out of the Christmas season for me, and lets me support smaller businesses and buy handmade and whatnot, which I always like!

    ReplyDelete