photo header_abhaya_zps721a0d73.png

 photo nav_home_zpsfd56deeb.png photo nav_about_zps4d2fbda0.png photo nav_contact_zpsd0708482.png photo nav_partner_zps9b152967.png

3.15.2013

Taking Time >> To Breathe

Today's post is from Nicole from Gypsy in Jasper. I'm sure most of you already know how awesome she is, but if you don't, hop on over straight away to check her out! Nicole was one of the first people I reached out to when I first started blogging, and I remember thinking how weird it was to actually be communicating with one of the bloggers I followed! Anyway, she was a sweetheart and the rest is history. :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lately, I find I have to remind myself to take the time to breathe. To just take a step back from the stress and craziness of life and inhale, exhale and repeat. This past week has been a bit of roller coaster of out of nowhere changes that have left me bursting with emotions. My brain is tied up in rapid-fire thoughts that have me stressing out and freaking out. So, I just keep reminding myself that it will all be OK if I just take a second to breathe. If I just give myself a moment for reflection. A moment to shake off the pressure and anxiety that seems to be endlessly mounting.

All it takes is a breath — one deep, soul-calming breath — to bring me back to a place where I can find some sort of peace. A place where I can focus on what really matters.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're feeling overwhelmed, if you're feeling down and out, if you're feeling like life's stresses are piling up and bringing you down, take a moment to breathe today. Breathe in deeply, filling your lungs to the brim and exhale until you have nothing left to give. I promise, your body and mind will thank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you, Nicole, this is an awesome message! I cannot even begin to count the number of times I have needed to remind myself of this very message! And it has seriously saved my butt a number of times, too. :)

shanti >> sondra

1 comment:

  1. Good advice my dear. And I really love that graphic.

    ReplyDelete